I took this picture while watching the 2010 NFC Championship: Vikings vs. Saints. (Thank you, Tivo.)
Look, I’m a fair guy, but anyone who thinks this is going to make a damn bit of difference needs to get his head examined. Get the clergy off the god damn field.
Knee-Jerk Reaction: Oh, why can’t you just let them be? What harm does it do?
- I don’t entertain intellectually dishonest arguments. You and I both know this is a pointless act.
- I don’t believe in catering to the lowest common denominator on trivial matters. An offensive tackle might not be the sharpest Crayola in the box, but I’d like to think that even a big dumb ox will try to win the game on his own accord, strength, and ability – not because some invisible sky daddy enabled him to do so AFTER the asking.
- Even if there were a god, you’d be an idiot to believe that he would have any vested interest and/or involvement in the outcome of a sporting event. Such prayers would fall upon deaf ears rendering clergy a pointless and useless sideline asset.
- Someone died, someone’s dying, someone’s battling a deadly disease, or perhaps even facing financial ruin. Fine. Call in Pastor McCreepy. I can set aside my disdain for human weakness and make my peace with the crutch that the fairytale provides. But this is a frickin’ football game. Get over yourself.
- What harm does it do? If I have to explain it then you’re incapable of understanding it. Think “big picture” and perhaps it will become evident.
Post Game Analysis:
Reggie Bush………..Super Bowl XLIV (and a Kardashian)